September 8, 2014

First Days in Edinburgh!

I'm finally here!  I've now been in Scotland for 5 days, and it's an amazing city.  For me, there is a city feel without it being too overwhelming like in New York City.  I already know my way around (for the most part), and love traveling new ways and roads to discover shops and streets.  I have already found quite a few book shops this way! ;)

Edinburgh is a city with the perfect combination of new and old with so much to do.  I do not think I will be able to see it all in the year that I am here!  The people in this area are also very kind and are able to point me in the right direction if I am ever lost.  Believe me, this was quite often the first couple of days.

Public transportation is very convenient here and the buses are of great quality.  They are clean, double-decker (sitting on top is my favorite and gives me the best view of the city), and pretty easy to navigate once you ride it once or twice.  The only mildly annoying aspect is that you have exact change in order to receive a ticket.  This inconvenience will be fixed in a couple of days, however, once I get my student ID and can buy a yearly bus pass with a student discount.

Truly, I will probably only be using my bus pass to and from my main campus of Sighthill.  It's approximately a 20 minute bus ride - not something I want to walk in the winter time.  Even though I have not been to Sighthill yet, I am already in love with it.  The gym is located on this campus and the food market is on my way back home!  Talk about a win/win situation!

I have barely begun to explore Edinburgh, but I can tell that I am already falling in love with the history, traditions, and people.  Here is a video of the beginning of many more adventures to come!


P.S. I am obviously in love with the castle.
P.P.S. Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel  ;p

1 comment: